Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Thank you Ms.Shetty

A true story from a friend in London.

Unbelievable –but true.I was travelling by the train on a travel card & when I reached the destination station,at the exit barriers I had 2 tap my travel card.So I tap it,but it says ‘no entry’.So I go 2 the security guy standing there,who looks at my card & says ‘Ma’am you havea pre paid travel card which is not valid for travel on this over ground train..you have to pay a 20£ fine’’.So I’m like ‘I didn’t know the card is pre paid it doesn’t say so anywhere on the card and I didn’t know its not valid on this train.’ And I’m cursing myself for not checking if its pre paid and I’m like ..now what do I do.and of course I’m quickly calculating & converting comes to rs.1740..ready to beg …plead …So the guy points to this other man –his senior and says ‘Talk to him about it’’.The other man comes & is like ‘You’ll have to pay the fine ma’am’’ I am almost teary eyed & say ‘I am sorry..I ddin’t know & I don’t even live here,I’m a visitor’ So hes like ‘Where you from?’

So I reply ...’I’m from India’ .And then his face lights up and he looks at the other guy and say ‘hey what was her name sh…..’ and other guy replies ‘Shilpa Shetty’!So the boss guy is like ‘You from Shilpa Shetty’s country!!’ And I’m thinking -well is that a good thing or a bad thing..He takes out his key,opens the barrier and says ‘Go Go…Be careful next time!’I was so surprised almost shocked …thanked him a dozen times and smiled my bestest smile..almost hugged him…lol !Ya so Thanks to Shilpa Shetty I saved 20£!!!By the way :
1)I honestly had no clue it’s a pre paid travel card not valid on that ‘over ground’ train, but only used on ‘underground train’
2) both these guys were Africans
3) I kept smiling for the rest of the day

3 comments:

Bird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bird said...

really.. thts a true story..? I dont believe that.. wow..
Yet another Indian brand making it big abroad.. good

westwind blowing said...

if that's true - how cool!